University College Academic Advisors meet with transfer students who fit into one or both of the following criteria:
- Undeclared (may or may not know intended major)
- Admitted to a major, but will have fewer than 24 credit hours earned when beginning at Illinois State
Transfer Day, Academic Advising Appointment
The academic advisement appointment is designed for just the student and the advisor. Parents are welcome to attend the Academic Information Sessions, Dollars and $ense: Your Financial Responsibilities at ISU, and the Information Fair. We do have a reception area for parents and guests to wait during the appointment. If the weather is nice, family members may want to wander around campus or visit the bookstore and plan to meet you after the appointment. Here is some information about what to expect during your advising appointment:
- Check-in at Fell Hall, room 340
- Appointment will last about 45-60 minutes
- Discussion about degree requirements, information on how to apply to your intended major, course requirements for your intended major, and how to navigating My.IllinoisState.edu.
- You will register for classes for the upcoming semester with your academic advisor
- Be prepared with a list of questions to ask your advisor
NOTE: If you do not meet with an advisor during an official Transfer Day Program, your first appointment with your advisor will still involve the same information as above.
Contacting Your Advisor
University College Academic Advisement
Fell Hall 340
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00am - 5:00pm and Friday, 8:00am – 4:30 pm
- Drop-in office hours - Advisors are available during designated times to answer questions without requiring you to schedule an appointment. During these quick meetings, you can meet with your advisor for about 10-15 minutes. These are not designed to be 30-minute planning appointments to discuss your class schedule for the upcoming semester.
- Email - Sometimes the best way to contact your advisor is through email. If you cannot remember his/her address, visit our staff page.