As a student on academic probation you must increase your cumulative grade point average to a 2.00 by the end of this semester or you will be dismissed from Illinois State University.
You are required to participate in the following Project Success activities. Failure to do so will be considered should you be dismissed from the University at any point in the future. Your Project Success packet will be emailed to your Illinois State account and mailed to your local address.
- Success Seminar I - Your very first step in completing Project Success is to attend Success Seminar I. At Success Seminar I, you will receive information and forms required to complete the steps outlined below. Failure to attend Success Seminar I may mean that you will be unable to fully complete Project Success. At Success Seminar I, you will learn more about the academic support services, the risks involved with being on academic probation as well as set personal goals for returning to good academic standing in addition to receiving information and forms required to complete Project Success.
Your seminar reservation can be made on-line. The reservation site is available on My.IllinoisState.edu. Should you need assistance with your reservation, call (309) 438-3217.
NOTE: Fall 2015 academic probation students will need to complete Success Seminar I online. Go to your My.IllinoisState.edu, Academics tab, ReggieNet link, and UC-Project Success.
Complete the Becoming a Successful College Student survey before your scheduled Success Seminar I. You will not be allowed to attend Success Seminar I if you do not complete the survey.
- Advisor Conference - At your next meeting with your academic advisor, be sure to complete the Advisor Conference Form. Your academic advisor will complete this form with you.
- Visor Center Study Skills Workshop - You must attend at least one study skills workshop during the semester. Workshop topics include: Note Taking, Study Tools and Test Taking, and Procrastination Domination. Make your workshop reservation by visiting the Julia N. Visor Academic Center in Vrooman Center, between Hewett & Manchester, online at the website, or by calling (309) 438-7100.
- Success Seminar II. At Success Seminar II, we will assist you in evaluating your progress by reviewing the goals set in your Success Action Plan (completed at Success Seminar I) and your progress toward meeting them. Reservation information regarding this seminar will be emailed to you at your Illinois State email account.
- Complete and bring to Success Seminar II the Grade Check form. (Note: the Grade Check form was distributed at Success Seminar I.) You will not be allowed to attend Success Seminar II if you not bring the completed Grade Check form.