Preparing for Your Appointment
In order to make the most of your advising appointment, we highly recommend preparing ahead of time.
7 Ways to Prepare for Your Appointment
- Look at the Undergraduate Catalog. Pay special attention to requirements for majors you're thinking about pursuing.
- Review your Academic Requirements in Student Service Center. Find out how your previous, current, and future coursework fits into your academic plan.
- If you're not in a major or you're unsure about the major you chose, visit our Majors page.
- Check that we received all your college transcripts and score reports (AP, CLEP). Once credit is awarded, it will be on your Academic Requirements page in the Student Service Center.
- Get your transfer credit in as soon as possible. Your registration date is determined by hours completed.
- Let your advisor know why you'd like to meet by including these details when you schedule your appointment. Letting them know what you'd like to go over helps them prepare to meet with you.
- Come up with a list of questions and topics you’d like to discuss in your appointment.
Academic advising helps you plan your educational goals and work to achieve them. The purpose of this syllabus is to show you how to use the advising process at each step along the way and clarify what roles the student and the advisor have.
Download the Freshman or Transfer Advising Syllabus.
Plans of Study
Each program has a designed plan of study. The information is based on requirements for the academic year(s) indicated. Students should consult the Catalog year they were admitted under for their academic requirements.
To find your plan of study, first find your major.