Tips for Your Reinstatement Petition
In your petition, explain why an exception should be made to the dismissal policy and allow you to return to Illinois State.
For your best chance of reinstatement, address all items below as appropriate to your individual circumstances. Keep in mind that we will consider the quality of your written petition. Please proofread prior to submission.
- Explain any unusual circumstances which contributed to your being on academic probation. How have those been resolved?
- Copies of additional documentation (i.e. doctor's letter, etc.) should be mailed to University College.
- What will you be doing differently to maximize your chances to achieve good academic standing? What is your plan for earning A's and B's at Illinois State?
- What steps have you taken to ensure that you can successfully pursue and complete your intended major? What are the requirements of your intended major and how do you plan to meet those requirements?
- Discuss your participation in Project Success and Project Rebound. Did you find the program helpful? Why or why not? What aspects of the program did you complete?
- If you have been reinstated in the past, please explain the circumstances regarding your previous reinstatement—conditions not met, limited progress made towards academic good standing. In other words, why should the committee feel confident that you will now take advantage of being reinstated and as a result be in good academic standing?
Ready to go? Submit your Petition for Reinstatement now.