Be a Peer Advisor
Become a member of one of the longest-running Academic Peer Advising programs in the nation. In addition to learning more about the resources at Illinois State, you will also gain valuable skills to help you as you transition to your career.
- Starting salary is $12.00 per hour. Pay increases possible after the first year.
- Early move-in for on-campus housing
- Priority registration each semester
- Gain valuable leadership and communication skills
- Opportunities available for professional development
Dates of Employment
- August 11, 2022 – May 12, 2023
- May include University breaks
- Optional summer availability from May 23 – August 10, 2022 (Dependent on office needs for Preview 2022)
- Work 14 – 16 hours a week (dependent on advisement office needs & time of year)
- Office hours: Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm & Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Who Can Apply
- Current undergraduate students
- Minimum GPA: 2.75
- Minimum 1-year commitment
- Available for mandatory pre-semester training August 18 and 19, 2022
- Available for mandatory weekly training throughout each semester on Thursdays from 8am-8:50 am
Applications will be available from January 11 – 31, 2022 on the ISU Jobs website.
You can get more information about the Peer Advising position and the process to apply by reviewing the PREZI project with information on the role and application process.
At least one reference form is required to be considered for the Academic Peer Advising position. Reference forms are submitted through Microsoft Forms. Reference forms must be submitted before the February 9, 2022 deadline.
Examples of people who may complete a reference are:
- Past/Current Faculty (Professors)
- Staff Members
- Past/Current Employers
- High School Teachers
- Previous College Faculty/Staff
- Registered Student Organization Advisors
If you have any questions about the Academic Peer Advisor position, feel free to contact Chris McCombs, Assistant Coordinator and APA Supervisor, University College Academic Advisement, at email@example.com.